This is merely a general overview and not a detailed list of remaining tasks.
What's been done
- Basic peer-to-peer multiplayer feature with acceptable netcode, lobbies you can create and join.
- Basic NAT traversal (UDP hole punching) so you can host games without forwarding a port manually in your router
- 4 characters with full movesets and concepts for more
- Multiple stages and an editor for them, which we might release as well if enough people are interested to justify the work
- Artwork for one of the stages (and some sketches for a few more)
- Concepts for 8 different characters with all their moves (+ sketches of their design)
- The basic mechanics, including movement on the ground/on platforms/ledges, jumping, air-dodges, attacks, DI, SDI, teching, grabs/throws, blocking. rolls, spot-dodges, projectiles, knockdown, wavedashing
- Customizable controls through specialized configuration files
What's left to be done/planned
- A few more characters
- A basic recovery AI and later an AI that actually plays the game
- Multiplayer revamp with a more elaborate (accurate/robust) architecture
- More multiplayer infrastructure (including matchmaking)
- Additional ways of NAT traversal to ensure more people being able to host games without having to forward ports manually (e.g. UPnP, maybe relay servers)
- More training mode features
- Non-placeholder sound effects
- An absolutely mind-boggling and depressing amount of rather minor things
Get Spectacular Shatter Buddies
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.